Sunday, June 27, 2010

The End - a photographic review -- Part 8: Fateful & beneficial meetings at Widwmore's benefit concert and Desmond goes into the light and the Island's destiny is determined

It's party time as all the beautiful people are arriving for the show.
Dr. Juliet gets a call.
The hospital drags her back in. She's gotta go.
David takes the bad news in stride.
And quickly hooks up with Aunti Claire. He has successfully ditched both parent's and has got a date with a hot australian girl.
Meanwhile Charlie is napping backstage due to the effects of getting shot by 'a fat man'.

He gets a charming wake up call by another beautiful woman with an accent (and a degree).
Charlie is impressed with the quality of his groupies. Either that or he's gotta get more of what the 'fat man' shot him up with.
Charlotte is not having any of it and bursts his dreams post haste. No red haired, green eyed girls are in his future.
Doh!
Charlotte is so impressed by Charlie, she checks with somebody else to confirm that he is indeed part of the band.
Hey you! You know this guy?
Wow! I mean yes, I am the featured performer tonight (and son of the righously rich guy throwing this shindig) Daniel Faraday, I mean Widemore, yes, Daniel Widemore. And that lacky is indeed a bass player.
Don't worry about him. He's always that way when a fat man shoots him. Bass players are a dime a dozen, the real talent is behind the piano. Oh and that would be me.
Have I mentioned yet that I'm the top bill of the show and filthy rich.
Well that's very interesting, you have my attention.
Here's where I turn on the charm and let the hat work it for me.

Hmm, I find you vaguely compelling, either that or I just like your hat. Could be your lucky nite, I'm on a double rebound from a dumn ass cop and a Louisiana podcaster who broke my heart.
And what's your name? Daniel? Hmm. Same number of letter as Donald? Maybe I can get that rat podcaster's tattoo reworkde?
Hey, see you and your hat after the concert.
And at the party some surprise seating assignments unite some fateful dinner companions.
Oh, what a coincidence? You again?
And another friend who shared a cab ride to the hospital.
Claire is confusing coincidence for fate or fate for coincidence...She looks confused!
Desmond seems pleased but Kate is getting a bad feeling about this.
Claire is sure this is perfectly normal?!? Nothing unusual or spookily wierd here.
Kate is hearing the themes to the Twilight Zone.
And here comes another friend from the Island making another appearance. I wonder if he'll orient the audiance to the reason they are at the benefit.
Quite a collection of ole friends waiting for the band to start. Looks like a proud mother. Wonder what she's thinking? ("I told him if he wore that hat I shoot his ass again!)
Oh and a pretty hot new groupie looks like she's diggen the hat.
And here's the man...and his hat!
And the rest of the bad looks a little spaced out...But that can happen when a fat man shoots you before the show.
Charlie looks particularly stunned!
Which is only fair since she is particularly stunning!
What is happening to Charlie?
Claire seems to have taken notice of his attention.
But she's not sure? Is that creepy goth guy gazing at me or the creepy scottish dude?
Still staring.
And he's got good reason cause this pregnant lady is hot!
And she's looking at me?!!!
Whoa!
Whoops, that sushi doesn't seem to be sitting well with her tummy.
Whoops, people are starting to take notice.
Charlie is wondering if she's going to meet him back stage?
And she seems to be in quite a rush.
Wonder what Desmond is thinking? His mind seems like he's a million miles away.
Then again maybe its further than that.
As Desmond looses himself from the ties that bind him...If only it was that easy to escape the threads of destiny which have imprisoned him.
And what is this place? And where is that light that will take me the hell away from here and back to the good life.
Looks like others have been down this road before. They don't appear to have quite made it into the light. Hmm.
And what did they die for?
There it is...the Heart of the Island!
This is what I've been searching for...searching for... a heart of gold.
But is this truely what he desires, is this his heart of gold that will complete him?
Maybe there's a different Heart of Gold that he aches for?
No, not that one!
Desmond has been around but he's not galactic hitchhiker!
I want to live,
I want to give
I've been a miner
for a heart of gold.
It's these expressions
I never give
That keep me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
Keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.



I've been to Hollywood
I've been to Redwood
I crossed the ocean
for a heart of gold
I've been in my mind,
it's such a fine line
That keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.
Keeps me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm getting old.

Keep me searching
for a heart of gold
You keep me searching
for a heart of gold
And I'm growing old.
I've been a miner
for a heart of gold.



But while Desmond remembers, he doesn't quite understand. He has seen himself in a 'better' place, and he has lived through the pain, humiliation and despair to find his lost love Penny. So when his evil father-in-law shanghais him back to the Island, he is quite willing to walk the path they have set him because he thinks it is a shortcut back to his love and in a life where he never suffered.
And so Desmond walks forward. He has faith that the light will set him free.

And as he teeters on the precipise, he decides.
And takes a step into the unknown...toward the light.
But it's not what he expected. The pool rejects him.
He feels lost, without his constant, the Island is pulling him apart and out of time, but he knows where his constant is...She is in the light and he will not be denied.
F-Locke and Jack can hear Desmond's screams but can only peer down into the light.
It's up to Desmond now. And he steps up and forward.
He struggles toward the Island's heart, a plug over the darkness.
He is in the light but can get no closer so he lifts the plug and uncorks the Island in hopes of entering the light.

He has uncorked the Island and the effort has nearly done him, but he's still here? What is happening?
In despair, he collapses and the light begins to fail.
Until it flashes and is gone!
Desmond is alone in the dark and....he's still here!!!
But that is not all. There is more to come and it doesn't look good. An evil fire grows now that the Island's Heart has stopped beating.
The heat of hate and spite burns ever brighter in the pool and but while this fire will not consume him, it has burned away his hope.
Desmond howls in despair. He has failed! The light is gone. He has extinguished it. He has stilled the Island' Heart!
Jack and F-Locke hear the screams of Desmond. Jack can see the light is gone.
F-Locke: It looks like you were wrong.
Has Jack failed? Is the Island doomed?
F-Locke believes so and tells Jack goodbye.
What will Jack do now?
Well, I will leave this here for now. Just a moment of suspense, before all hell breaks loose.
till then,
take it easy
it ain't half-badd
but we are half over
mr badd

No comments:

Post a Comment